Follow these tips to ensure excellent candle burning:
- Never move or leave candles unattended while burning.
- Keep the wick trimmed to ¼ inch to prevent smoking and carbon mushrooming. Re-trim the wick before every use.
- Burn in a draft free area clear of combustible material such as curtains, books, baskets, etc.
- Candles should be spaced apart while lit to prevent uneven burning.
- Keep the burn pool clean; never throw matches into the candle.
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
- Always place candles on or in a non-combustible, heat-resistant base set on a level stable surface.
- Extremes of heat and cold should be avoided. Do not store candles in the freezer and never leave them in a hot car.
- Candles may be cleaned by washing them gently in cool water. Allow to air dry before use.